Jonesboro State Bank Pledge 10 Grant Awarded to BFC!
Jonesboro State Bank Pledge 10 Grant Awarded to Improve Health and Well-Being of Children in Bienville Parish Schools
Jonesboro State Bank’s Pledge 10 Grant Program has awarded Bienville Family Clinic a grant in the amount of $7,500. Bienville Family Clinic is a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) certified Rural Health Clinic at Arcadia, and is operated by Bienville Parish Hospital Service District No. 2.
Grant funding will be used for medical and testing supplies to support School Health Centers in Bienville Parish Schools during the 2018-19 school year. In 2017, more than 350 medical tests were administered in Parish Schools, including testing for Influenza, Streptococcus, Mononucleosis, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) and Blood Sugar.
Jonesboro State Bank uses the Pledge 10 Grant Program to invest in Jackson Parish and surrounding areas to create opportunities for customers and area citizens. Grants ranging from $2,500.00 to $10,000.00 are awarded on a semi-annual basis to support innovative ideas to address unmet community needs, and to creatively enhance community strengths and opportunities.
Bienville Parish Hospital Service District No. 2 and Bienville Family Clinic joined Bienville Parish Schools in 2016 in a collaborative effort to provide improved health services to children in Bienville Parish Schools. Medical visits are provided by a Pediatrician and a Pediatric Physician Assistant, as well as by Nurse Practitioners who are physically located at Bienville Family Clinic in Arcadia.
Visits and detailed examinations are provided through state-of-the-art Telehealth equipment, which includes specialized cameras and lenses, along with audio capability for transmitting heart and lung sounds. Telehealth infrastructure is provided by Hospital Service District No. 2.
Bienville Family Clinic was the first Rural Health Clinic in Louisiana, and among the very first in the Nation, to offer medical visits to schools through Telehealth delivery.
For More information on Jonesboro State Bank's Pledge 10 Program, click on the link below:
Other Clinic News
- Sandra Thompson is Bienville Family Clinic Employee of the Quarter, 1st Quarter
- Federal Department of Transportation Driver Medical Exams Available at Bienville
- Cardiac Science Powerheart AEDs Placed In Service at Bienville Family Clinic . .
- Jennifer Ellis is 2014 3rd Qtr. Employee of the Quarter
- BFC Practitioner Certified for Commercial Driver's License Physicals
- Crystal Rabo of Simsboro Takes Helm as BFC Revenue Cycle Manager . . .
- Bienville Family Clinic HIPAA Notice
- March Is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month!
- Bienville Family Clinic Adds Patient Transportation Van
- Louisiana Confirms Second Flu-Related Pediatric Death